The mission of The Game Loft is to promote Positive Youth Development through non-electronic games and community involvement. Game Loft’s out-of-school programs are FREE to all Waldo County youth ages 6-18.
Our vision is a community where all people are valued regardless of age; where youth become resources with meaningful roles and responsibilities for positive community change; where disabled youth, juvenile offenders, the bullied, the ostracized, and all who feel voiceless are heard and respected; and where willing volunteers of all ages work to improve the life of their community.
We play well:
- We believe that hard work and commitment bring more success than talent alone
- We believe that doing one’s best is always important
- We believe that through play and work our kids become competent, confident, caring, contributing and connected adults
We play fair:
- We believe that honesty and integrity are essential in everything we do
We play to have fun:
- We believe in the values of teamwork, inclusiveness and mutual respect for all people
- We believe playing games together creates a community of interest where all benefit
The program goals are to guide young people age 6-18 to become confident, competent, caring, contributing and connected adults. Youth who attend the Game Loft’s programs are given opportunities to serve their community and gaming experiences that lead to increased knowledge and understanding of themselves and the world.